Ten things we can all do to make a difference!
· Take public transportation, bike, walk, or carpool to work at least one day a week. Avoid air travel where possible.
· Buy food, preferably organic food—vegetables, fruits, dairy, eggs, and meat—from a farmer’s market at least one day a week.
· Eat sustainably harvested seafood and farmed fish that is herbivorous, like catfish, tilapia, and shellfish. Avoid farmed carnivorous fish like salmon and shrimp.
· Install at least one compact fluorescent light bulb in your home—it will save roughly 30 EUR in electricity and replacement bulb costs each year, and reduce carbon emissions by a ton every three years.
· Turn off lights in empty rooms.
· Lower the thermostat by at least 1 degree ° C in winter.
· Stop using herbicides and pesticides on your lawn.
· Only drink wines with natural cork stoppers.
· Tell everyone what you are doing to conserve biodiversity and ask them to join you. Support representatives who act for biodiversity.
· Above all, do not waste—reduce your consumption, buy only what you really need, and re-use and re-cycle whatever and whenever you can.